My little boy is gonna be a big 4 year old boy two weeks from today...makes me a little sad in a way! Anyway back at Christmas Brandon decided that he wanted to get Austin his own 4 wheeler for his birthday and although nervous about it (because that's how us mommas are) I agreed to let him do it. He looked at several different ones before deciding on what to get. Mamaw & Papaw insisted on helping to pay for it as their gift to Austin (because he needs absolutely NOTHING) for his b-day. So I got it ordered and a week later it was here. Brandon and I met the big truck up at the store on Friday evening and loaded the crate into the back of the truck and then took it to Papaw's shop until time for his birthday. Fast forward to today...Brandon just couldn't take it anymore so we all loaded up and headed to Papaw's to uncrate the new 4 wheeler. As Brandon pulled the top off the crate and the 4 wheeler was in there Austin looked up at his daddy and said "now that's what I'm talking about"! It was hilarious and he was as excited as he could be. And now this is what we have.
Bringing daddy the seat to put on it.
Filling it up with gas
Getting ready to take his first ride by himself...I must say that I was nervous.
And with good reason because he took off like a lighting bolt out of that shed and up the hill towards the house. I about flipped out and Brandon was chasing him. The sad part is it came with a remote control shut off that Brandon was toting around in his pocket...hello pull that sucker out of your pocket and shut it down before this momma has a heart attack!
So now he's getting a little better instructions on how to ride.
And there he goes down the road all own his own...slower and with more caution this time.
He wasn't ready to go home and his daddy wasn't letting him go anywhere.He's mad and that face shows it all.
I can't believe my baby is learning such big boy things and the older he gets the more dangerous the things he's gonna want to do and I don't know if my nerves will be able to hold up to it. After all whether he's 4 or 24 he will still be my baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment