Friday, June 5, 2009

Branson

On Sunday afternoon we left the zoo and headed to Branson. That was the longest drive ever. We saw some pretty places along the way, but the 82 mile trip from West Plains, MO to Branson felt like 182 miles. It was nothing but hilly, curvy, twisty road and we were all sick of it!! We got to Branson about 7 p.m., got us a room and headed out for supper. That's pretty much all we had time to do so we ran by Wal-Mart(can you go anywhere without stopping at Wal-Mart?) for a few things and went back to the hotel to swim. On Monday morning we got up, went to breakfast and headed for Silver Dollar City. It was all good and fine, we got parked, hopped on the trolley to ride to the front gate and this is where it all went bad. I was holding Austin and getting down off the trolley when he decides to take a turn and when he does I slipped and sprained my ankle. I knew immediately that this was gonna be a long day. It hurt so bad, but I thought no way to quit now so I just kept on trucking. So there I was with a swollen ankle and all of that walking, but I made it and Brandon was a real trooper because he took care of Austin for the largest part of our time there. After SDC we left and headed to Ozark for supper at Lambert's and then on to Springfield for a visit to Bass Pro. No trip to Branson is complete without the extra 35 miles to Bass Pro!! After returning from there we checked out Branson Landing down on the lake. It has been built since we were there last so we wanted to see it. Our day finally ended about 10 pm and I was wore out. Our plans had been to get up Tuesday morning and do some shopping before heading home, but when I got up my ankle was so swollen and stiff that our shopping consisted of only the Carter's store and the John Deere store and then we headed home. Despite my little incident (leave it to me) the trip was good and Austin really seemed to enjoy himself. I may have been useless for much else, but I could still use a camera so here are a few pics from SDC.


Shooting at the ducks and rabbits...

Go ahead, make my day!!

This was Austin's favorite part...the water!!

He was looking down in the hole to see where the water went and he found it...right in the face!!


Eatin' Dippin' Dots Ice Cream...without a spoon. What a mess that was!

Showing off his deputy badge that the "Sherriff" gave him

This was during the train ride

And this is when the train ride was over...he was pooped
 

No comments:

Post a Comment