Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sleet...and Then There Was Snow

We don't get a lot of snow here so when we do it's like we've won the lottery!  No school, no work...it completely paralyzes this part of the world because we are just not used to it.  It started Sunday morning with sleet and finally turned into snow.  Austin was soooo excited about it.  He probably looked out the window 1000 times on Sunday looking for snow!  Once it started and a little got on the ground good I suited him up and let him go play.


Making snow angels

Again

Catching snowflakes on his tongue.  He was super excited about this.

Building snowcastles with Scooter.




Time for a hot chocolate and fruit snack break.  It was so cold out.

Day #2.  We all got to stay home on Monday so we got out the kneeboard and pulled the kids behind the four wheeler.  Even I got a turn after being forced by Brandon with the promise of I won't go too fast, but he did take off before I was ready and I fell off before even getting started.  It was a lot of fun!

Here's Austin all strapped in and ready to go

And there he goes.

And if you look closely you can see his little self out in the pasture.  He was loving it and kept hollering go faster, go faster.  I guess he's a little speed demon.


Austin, Ayla and Scooter.  This was actually taken before we got started so everyone was still dry.  We all had a lot of fun, but a couple of days of this mess is enough for me.  I don't think I'd make it living where it snows all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment