When Austin was first born he was a colicy little thing for about 3 months. He cried and he cried and he cried. I would always rock him or walk around holding him just as tight as I could and I would sing to him. The song I would sing was George Strait's "Baby Blue". I'm not sure how it ended up being that particular song, maybe it was Austin's blue eyes or maybe it was just what was in my head at the moment I started singing to him. Whatever the case may be the song would always soothe him and he would stop crying. Two years later and I am still singing that song to him when he allows me to rock him, when he doesn't feel well or when it's time for bed. The only difference now is that it is by request from Austin. I'll lay down with him in the bed only to hear the words "Baby Blue Mama, Baby Blue" and we'll lay there and I'll sing it over and over. So I guess this is "our song". Mama loves you baby boy and you'll always be my "Baby Blue".
No comments:
Post a Comment