Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkins for Home...

So this weekend Brandon and Austin finally got around to trying to carve a pumpkin.  And I use the word try loosely because the one pumpkin they carved didn't turn out too great!  First off we used smaller pumpkins because we couldn't find a decent looking big pumpkin at our Wal-Mart and then the patterns we had were big so I shrunk them down on the scanner to make it fit.  And after all that Brandon decided to freehand a spider because that's what Austin wanted.  Let's just say we're NOT pumpkin carvers in our family.  So they carved the one pumpkin and I let Austin paint the second one.  What a mess that was, but he enjoyed it.



The result is this most pitiful looking spider.  I have no idea why Brandon made its legs so little.  I'm not an artist so I can't judge, but it really looks awful.  And of course this green pumpkin that we have was about 10 different colors before it ended up looking like this.  It was so wet and messy when he was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment