Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow Day...Take 3

Snow AGAIN!!!  Quite frankly I'm sick of the snow.  Even though we only got about 2" it is more than enough for me.  I'm just thankful we don't live in North Arkansas where they got 15 to 20".  Hopefully this will be the last snow of the season and we can move on to Spring.  I was going to stay home with Austin today, but I really hated to waste 10 hours of my vacation time so I decided to go into work and luckily Papaw was home today so he watched Austin.  The roads were really not all that bad.  There were a few slick places, but if you drove slow and didn't act like an idiot it was no problem.

Austin begged to go out all day yesterday to play in the snow, but he currently has a bad cough so I was hesitant to let him go.  Once daddy got home from work that's all I heard was I want to go play.  So I gave in and we went out for about 45 minutes.  Brandon hooked up the kneeboard to the 4 wheeler again and he pulled Austin around the pasture.  He absolutely LOVES riding on that thing.  It was soooo cold.  We all had on insulated everything except my rubber boots and my gloves are NOT.  My toes felt like they were frozen and I had enough.  Luckily Austin's hands had got cold in his gloves and he was ready to go too!

I still can't believe we've had 3 snows this year and I am hoping this was the last!  Here are a few pictures!


 He was measuring the snow for us.  It was 2".

Getting ready for take off!

You can see him way out there.

 My sweet little man!

And at this point he had enough!  His hands were cold and he wanted to go home!

And on a random note here are some cake pops that Austin and I made for his class at school.  I thought they turned out cute and he was so proud of them!  And yes that's a swimming pool noodle that they are stuck in.  It's the only foam thing we had that I could stand them up in so they didn't fall over while the coating got hard.  Whatever works.

No comments:

Post a Comment